Alaskan Observers, Inc. (AOI) recruits biologists year-round to work as Domestic Groundfish Observers in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, and California. We continuously search for skilled, motivated graduates. And we’re delighted to talk with experienced Observers.
The National Marine Fisheries Service establishes the qualifications for the positions we have. Prospective observers must have:
1. A bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university with a major in one of the natural sciences.
2. Successfully completed a minimum of 30 semester hours or equivalent in applicable biological sciences with extensive use of dichotomous keys in at least one course.
3. Successfully completed at least one undergraduate course each in math and statistics with a minimum of 5 semester hours total for both.
4. Computer skills that enable the candidate to work competently with standard database software and computer hardware.
How To Apply
- Submit the Online Application from our website.
- Email your resume and transcripts to AOI Recruiting Coordinator, Rachel Moore: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please email your resume and transcripts as either pdf or word documents.
- Transcripts can be unofficial, and show current classes as “in-progress.”
- Resume should be two pages or less.
- If you are interested in more than one position, please only apply once and indicate in a cover letter that you are interested in more than one opportunity.
- Please do not apply more than 4 months prior to your availability to work.
- Promising candidates will be contacted to schedule a phone interview.
- If you have any questions about the job description or application process please feel free to contact:
AOI Recruiting Coordinator